The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) connects industrial assets and machines or ‘things’ to enterprise information systems, business processes and people who operate and use them.
Advanced analytics forms the core of a next-generation level of integration. When applied to machine and process data, analytics offers new insights and intelligence to optimise decision-making.
While data is the ‘new fuel,’ data analytics is the new engine that is designed to propel the IIoT transformation.
As a fledgling new discipline, this combines advances in mathematics, computer science and engineering in the context of Information Technologies (IT) and Operational Technologies (OT) convergence.
Industrial analytics plays a crucial role in the success of any IIoT system. Operating in industrial settings, analytics has unique requirements, characteristics and challenges compared to business analytics.
This workshop is tailored for industrial analytics professionals, ICT managers, or business executives seeking to gain deeper insights into the use of analytics in advanced manufacturing, while maximising the use of industrial data.
Key takeaways: how industrial analytics will help you:
- Enable the convergence of analytics in the OT and IT worlds
- Use insights drawn from the machine data to drive intelligent operational and business processes
- Extend advanced analytics to large numbers of machines globally
- Identify and address potential faults in assets
- Improve uptime and reduce repair costs
- Manage “condition monitoring” with access to real-time information
- Leverage analytics algorithms and techniques, including machine learning, to analyse large amounts of data gathered from industrialcontrol systems
- Increase the operational efficiency of machines for example, by anticipating peak usage
- Streamline the supply chains for parts needed for preventative maintenance, business planning and decision-making
- Improve response time and manufacturing reliability
- Map advances in sensor technology to track data generated by sensors, together with data gathered from control systems
- Modernise network and infrastructure to fuse high volumes of data from one domain with those in others
- Address latency, bandwidth and computational capacity needs
- Manage security involving the transfer of raw data outside of controlled areas
Bob Sharon, Founder & Chief Innovation Officer, Blue IoT
Shyamalan Srinivasan, Andot
Ross Lettau, Virtual Chief Infomation Security Officer, Thales Australia Cyber
Keith Periera, Solutions Architect, Connected Communities and Industries, Cisco